Ganesha Chaturthi is a ten day Hindu festival celebrated on the rebirth – birthday of everyones favorate Lord Ganesha, who is believed to Pratham poojay i.e. first worshiped lord in Hindus. It is said that he bestows his presence on earth for all his devotees during this festival.
Ganesh Utsav is basically festival which starts on Ganesh Chaturthi and ends on Anant Chaturdashi.
In 2016 Ganesh Chaturthi also known as Vinayak Chaturthi will be celebrated from 5th September to 15th September 2016.
During Ganesh Utsav, devotees of Lord Ganesha bring home Idols of Lord Ganesha and worship them for 1 and half, 3, 5, 7 or 9 days and then immerse the Lord Ganesha idol in any fresh water body.
For this purpose there are Auspicious Time and Muhurat for Ganpati Sthapana at your home, Pandals, etc.
ALSO READ : Lalbaugcha Raja 2016 First Look Wallpaper
Below are the Best and Auspicious Muhurat Time for Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Process:
Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Muhurat Auspicious Muhurat for Ganesh Chaturthi 2016 :
Ganesh Avahana or Sthapana (installation of Ganesha) should be done before 11 am (IST) on 5th September 2016.
The most auspicious time to bring home the idols of Lord Ganesha is :
- Amrit Choghadiya – 06:28 to 08:00 am (IST)
- Shubh Choghadiya – 09:32 to 11:05 am (IST)
Note: Ganpati puja Aarti should be ideally performed during the Madhyahana Kaal as it is believed that on Ganesh Chaturthi day, Lord Ganesh was born during Madhyahana Kaal.
- Madhyahana Puja Time = 11:23 to 13:50 hrs (IST)
Panchang of 5th September 2016 – Ganesh Chaturthi Day :
- Mumbai, India
- Monday, 05 September 2016
- Sunrise : 06:27 hrs
- Sunset : 18:46 hrs
- Moonrise : 09:29 hrs
- Moonset : 21:29 hrs
- Shaka Samvat : 1938 Durmukha
- Vikram Samvat : 2073 Saumya
- Gujarati Samvat : 2072
- Amanta Month : Bhadrapada
- Purnimanta Month : Bhadrapada
- Paksha : Shukla Paksha
- Tithi : Chaturthi upto 21:09 hrs
- Nakshatra : Chitra upto 19:40 hrs
- Yoga : Shukla upto 08:29 hrs
- First Karana : Vanija upto 08:00 hrs
- Second Karana : Vishti upto 21:09 hrs
- Sunsign : Simha
- Moonsign : Tula
- Rahu Kalam : 08:00 – 09:32 hrs
- Gulikai Kalam : 14:09 – 15:41 hrs
- Yamaganda : 11:04 – 12:37 hrs
- Abhijit : 12:12 – 13:01 hrs
- Dur Muhurtam : 13:01 – 13:50 hrs
- Dur Muhurtam : 15:29 – 16:18 hrs
- Amrit Kalam : 12:32 – 14:19 hrs
- Varjyam : 25:58+ – 27:46+ hrs
Note : This Ganesh Chaturthi 2016 Ganpati Sthapana & Puja Muhurat Timing is applicable to different states of India i.e. Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal.
This Ganesh Chaturthi 2016 Muhurat Timing is not applicable for other countries like USA and U.K.